Tuesday, February 23, 2010

E-mail from Dave Fulton

On Friday, I received this e-mail from Dave Fulton. He was my editor at The Castled King, which was superseded by Atlantic Chess News in the 1980's.

Jim,

Thanks for posting the bit about the Montclair Chess Club from Stewart White.

As you will remember, I was fairly active in the Montclair Chess Club and started helping Mel Benson run things after Al Greuter moved to Maryland.

Anyway, I do enjoy reading your blog which helps me keep up with chess happenings now that I live in Oregon (not quite as remote as Montana but still more than an hour to the nearest chess club). The stories and pictures, not just the games, are of interest. I hope you keep up the good work for a long time.

Dave Fulton

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Not only were you active in the Montclair Chess Club, you founded the Greater Somerset County Chess Club as well!